Whether you are a parent, caregiver, or even a teacher, our learn section is where you can find age-appropriate content to support English Language Learning (ELL).
Our content is posted weekly based on the following themes:
- Magical Movement Mondays
- Activities that incorporate music and movement, yoga, kinesthetic activities or any other type of active learning.
- The types of activities will vary based on the age group they are directed towards with content available for all ages (including teens)!
- Wacky Wild Card Wednesdays
- Activities that will surprise you! Wednesdays are for something different! Explore your wacky and creative side!
- Fingerplay and Fine Motor Fridays
- Fingerplays are mostly suitable for our youngest learners (birth through 3 years old).
- Action rhymes are recommended for children 3-6 years old.
- Games and activities focusing on more precise fine motor skill development for those ages 4 to 7.
- Storytime Saturdays
- Every Saturday, a new story will be featured from our Ready Set English YouTube channel.
- Stories featured as part of Storytime Saturdays will include additional suggested content for extension and exploration of the topics in the story (songs, websites, games, phonics and vocabulary practice, etc).
- For learners that are starting to read, Storytime Saturdays can be used by first hearing the read aloud, and then muting the volume while allowing the child to sound out the words, reading the story by themselves with the help of an adult.
- Our oldest learners will find more complex stories available on topics that are of interest to them with reading comprehension exercises, web-quests, creative writing projects, etc.
- Scientific Sundays
- Our STEM based day of the week features science experiments, cooking, and other types of activities that promote exploration of nature and the world around us.